LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC
AUTOMOTIVE HEAVY SERVICE TECHNICIAN
HEAVY SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is Passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and nationally recognized automotive dealership of 40 years with 36 retail franchises, 7 collision centers, 17 Michigan locations and 1,500 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named Michigan’s fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family and where people come before the bottom line. It’s a welcoming place where you can build a career and will find the tools and support needed to take your career to new heights.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion
THE POSITION: Performs vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair as authorized.
- Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts.
- Tag and save parts, turn in parts, if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Advise service advisor immediately if any additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed with the promised time.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to ensure repair has addressed the customer complaint.
- Quality check work performed.
- Attend training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ vehicles are kept clean.
- Administer safety and housekeeping policies and procedures
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, governing service repair work.
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.