LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC
AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANT
AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANT
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and nationally recognized automotive dealership of 40 years with 36 retail franchises, 7 collision centers, 20 Michigan locations and 1,600 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named Michigan’s fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family and where people come before the bottom line. It’s a welcoming place where you can build a career and will find the tools and support needed to take your career to new heights.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion
Sales Representatives are responsible to sell automobiles by understanding and demonstrating characteristics, capabilities, and features; developing and qualifying buyers and closing sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets customer on sales floor and determines make, type, and quality of vehicle desired.
- Explains features and demonstrates operation of vehicle in showroom or on road.
- Suggests optional equipment for customer to purchase.
- Researches availability of models and optional equipment.
- Consults with Sales Manager when necessary; never allowing a customer to leave without first consulting with a Sales Manager.
- Works with the Sales Manager to compute and quote sales price, including tax, trade-in allowance, license fee, and discount, and requirements for financing payment of vehicle on credit.
- Prepares all related paperwork and applications (e.g., sales slip, credit application, etc.).
- Delivers new vehicle to customer. This process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, etc.
- Attends sales meetings and training sessions (at various locations) as scheduled.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Meets, or exceeds, written forecast and projected sales numbers.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.