LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE ADVISOR
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is Passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and nationally recognized automotive dealership of 40 years with 40 retail franchises, 7 collision centers, 18 Michigan locations and 1,600 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named Michigan’s fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family and where people come before the bottom line. It’s a welcoming place where you can build a career and will find the tools and support needed to take your career to new heights.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion
THE POSITION: The service advisor is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling additional services to customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) rating as set by service manager.
- Maintain the prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written”
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly and professional manner. Let customers who are waiting know that they will be helped soon. Communicate with customer to determine the nature of their mechanical problem(s). Obtain accurate customer and vehicle data.
- Test-drive vehicle as necessary.
- Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications.
- Lift the hood of every vehicle and look underneath for potential additional repair needs.
- If additional work is needed, clearly explain the exact repair instructions, making a special note of the main reason(s) the customer brought the vehicle in. Repair orders must be legible.
- Notify dispatcher of incoming work.
- Provide estimates for labor and parts. If the cost of service cannot be established during reception, leave open and contact the customer later for approval.
- Establish each customer’s method of payment. Obtain approval of credit, if necessary.
- Obtain customer’s signature on repair order; provide customer with a copy.
- Follow up progress of each repair order during the day. Contact customer by telephone regarding any changes in the estimate of time promised. Record changes on repair order in the approved manner.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process and appointments.
- Compare final invoice with original repair order.
- Analyze quality control report to ensure that work is completed as requested to reduce comebacks.
- Deliver vehicle to customer and answer any questions.
- Maintain follow up program on additional items found in need of repair.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business. Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are kept clean.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Problem Solving
- Documentation and Repair Order Entry
- Solid knowledge of computers and proficient in web navigation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to overcome objections
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.