LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC
AUTOMOTIVE DETAIL TECHNICIAN
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and nationally recognized automotive dealership of 40 years with 40 retail franchises, 7 collision centers, 20 Michigan locations and 1,600 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named Michigan’s fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family and where people come before the bottom line. It’s a welcoming place where you can build a career and will find the tools and support needed to take your career to new heights.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion
THE POSITION: The Detail Technician cleans the interior and exterior of New and Used vehicles for the lot and/or delivery to the customer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Wash vehicle, using cleaning solution, water, cloths and brushes.
- Clean engine to remove grease and other materials.
- Buff/Polish paint as necessary.
- Apply special purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, following recommendations of the product’s manufacturer.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Complete OSHA right-to-know training.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Use of a polishing wheel preferred.
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Experience: WILL TRAIN! No Experience Necessary
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, scrub.
Frequently, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.