LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC
AUTOMOTIVE LUBE & OIL TECHNICIAN
LUBE & OIL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is Passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and nationally recognized automotive dealership of 40 years with 36 retail franchises, 7 collision centers, 17 Michigan locations and 1,500 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named Michigan’s fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family and where people come before the bottom line. It’s a welcoming place where you can build a career and will find the tools and support needed to take your career to new heights.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion
THE POSITION: Lube & Oil Technician is responsible for performing lube related services for customers in a professional and efficient fashion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Devote himself/herself to ensuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services. Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business. Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Participate in performance management.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Performs lube oil filter services in a professional manner and performs vehicle inspections as required.
- Provide excellent customer service for all customers whether external and internal, specifically offering dependable vehicle service.
- Maintains equipment in good working condition and maintains the work area in a safe, clean and organized manner.
- Receive service assignments from the service writer or service manager.
- Have the 'lube' work finished within the allotted time. Set goals, develop skills and constantly increase efficiency skill level.
- Maintain a clean, efficient work area and assist in keeping the shop neat and organized.
- Make sure the proper paperwork is completed and filed after every job completion.
- Keep your technical qualifications current by finishing any required training programs.
- Take care that the vehicle is cleaner when the job is completed than when the customer dropped it off.
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.