LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and nationally recognized automotive dealership of 40 years with 40 retail franchises, 7 collision centers, 20 Michigan locations and 1,600 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named Michigan’s fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family and where people come before the bottom line. It’s a welcoming place where you can build a career and will find the tools and support needed to take your career to new heights.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion
THE POSITION: The Payroll Administrator is primarily responsible for calculating pay and deductions, issuing paychecks and for the administrative support of day-to-day Payroll and Human Resources operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, salaries, commissions, taxes, garnishments and other various mandatory and voluntary deductions.
- Enters data into computer files and posts to payroll records.
- Records all pay changes such as exemptions and insurance coverage and updates master record.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions, including federal and state reports.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares payroll reports for management as requested.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliation, and provides General Ledger support.
- Maintains new hire records, entering data, and filing records.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Remits Friend of the Court (FOC), Garnishments, Chapter 13
- Completes Verification of Employment (VOE) Paperwork
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn, the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Payroll System: Reynolds & Reynolds / Ignite; HR Compliance: KPA / VeraSuite)
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 2 or more years related experience and/or training.
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.